What is Parent Connect?
Parent Connect is a parent-led organization that exists to facilitate positive relationships between parents, staff, and administration. The mission of Parent Connect is to connect the Liberty community through fellowship, service, and prayer. All Liberty parents, grandparents or guardians, are members and all are vital and valuable to our community.
Here are some ways Parent Connect benefits and blesses our school:
- Hosts a Coffee Connect for parents on the first day of school in the Library to connect with other fellow parents
- Serves the school community by organizing Room Parents to help plan for room parties, teacher gifts and birthdays
- Supports the teachers through Teacher Appreciation Week
- Organizes small fundraisers such as Box Tops, ButterBraids, Poinsettia and Easter floral sales, and more
- Hosts the Winter Social and Spring Social for parents and build community
- Organizes the Last Day of School Picnic
2020-2021 Parent Connect Dates:
*If you cannot join, but would like to be added to the parent connect email list or receive minutes of the meetings, please email Elizabeth Peterson.
What to Expect at a Meeting
We begin with prayer and around-the-table introductions, then we move to a teacher or staff highlight and Q & A, followed by a discussion of items on the monthly agenda.
Please email the officers below to find out how you can get more involved in our school community and help Parent Connect fulfill its mission. We would love to have your help in building our community at Liberty!
2019-2020 Parent Connect Committee:
Facilitator: Mandi Leonard
Treasurer: Denise Peterson
Secretary: Hillary Healy
Prayer Coordinator: Pamela Henkel
Staff Representative: Kathy Smith
Communications’ Coordinator: Liz Peterson
Uniform Closet: Nancy Thompson
Event Coordinator: Katie Hobday
Room Parent Coordinator: Jaimi Romans
M/US Representative: Dawna Gregory