Awarded to current and prospective students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and leadership.
Presidential Scholars demonstrate excellence both inside and outside of the classroom. They are leaders in their schools and communities and embody the characteristics of a future Liberty Classical graduate.
$5,000 for the 2019-2020 academic year
Current or Prospective Student entering 9th-12th Grade
3.5 GPA or higher
Demonstration of Liberty Classical Body of Values of
faith, leadership, and academic excellence
Demonstration of the values and legacy of Lisa Treleven
1) Completed application, including personal essay responses
2) Teacher recommendation letter
3) Finalists will interview with selection committee
The final application deadline: April 1, 2019 for Fall enrollment.
Finalists will be notified in April, and advance to the interview stage.
Winner of the Scholarship will be announced in late May.
(1960 - 2017)
Lisa Treleven, a partner, friend, and leader at Liberty Classical Academy from its very beginning, left us a rich legacy of faith, passion, and excellence. Her impact on our community remains in our structure, our language, and our culture. The Presidential Scholarship extends her legacy to students who share her same passion and zeal for life.
The winners of the Lisa Treleven Presidential Scholarship will embody the traits that she was known by at Liberty Classical Academy:
- Love for Learning: An insatiable appetite for knowledge and wisdom
- Excellence that's Contagious: Infusing ideas into the marketplace that are so transformative that culture is better because of them
- Humility with Confidence
- Faith: A steadfast commitment to Christ
- Hard-Working: Personal responsibility and commitment
- Courage: To be willing to try, and to not stop trying, despite the odds
Lisa Treleven Presidential Scholarship Application
Students who wish to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship must submit a completed application, along with a teacher’s recommendation and an official school transcript for the previous and current years.
The Scholarship Application Deadline is April 1, 2019.
For questions about the application or selection process please contact Nghi Anderson, Admissions Director via the form below.