Welcome to Parent Connect!
Parent Connect was created as a way to keep parents informed and involved in our school's community. As the parent, grandparent, or guardian of a student at Liberty Classical Academy, you are welcome to attend Parent Connect meetings. At a typical Parent Connect meeting, we highlight a staff member and find out their role and responsibilities which then helps us to build connections with the school.
Parent Connect Mission Statement
Parent Connect exists for the following purposes:
- To involve, engage, and connect all Liberty families to the school and to one another.
- To provide a forum for parents to openly ask questions and raise concerns with the school administration.
- To support Liberty Classical Academy’s students, staff and families through prayer.
- To develop a sense of community between students, staff, parents, and other family members by:
- Providing opportunities for all families to be supported and integrated into the Liberty community
- Assisting teachers in ways that will enrich the students' educational experience.
- Assisting the administration with activities, events, and fundraising
- Sponsoring events to further build community and faith and engage families
We gather on the first Friday of each month in the school cafeteria from 8:15 - 9:30 AM.
The 2018-19 meeting dates are:
September 7, 2018
October 5, 2018
November 2, 2018
December 7, 2018
January 4, 2019
February 1, 2019
March 1, 2019
April 5, 2019
May 3, 2019
Parent Connect Positions 2018-19
Facilitator: Lauren Brown
Vice-Facilitator: Mandi Leonard
Room Parent: Mandi Leonard
Uniform Closet: Nancy Thompson
Event Coordinator: Kelianne Scharphorn
Volunteer Coordinator: Wendy Abell
Volunteer Recruiter: BJ Schaffhausen
Social Coordinator(s): Jaimi Romans, Emily Boog, Mandi Leonard
Communications’ Coordinator: Liz Peterson
US/MS Representative: Michelle Presley
Treasurer: Kristel Barber
Fundraising Coordinator: (NEEDED)
LockerShelf Company fundraiser: Hillary Healy
Butterbraids: Andrea Heikkinen, Michelle Presley
Mabel’s Labels: Kristel Barber
Box Tops: Jaimi Romans
Secretary: Hillary Healy
Liberty Prayer Team: Pamela Henkel
Staff Representative: Kathy Smith & Susan Emison