Hello Liberty Parents and Grandparents!
My name is Lauren Brown and I am the new Parent Connect Facilitator for the 2017-2018 school year! My husband Patrick and I have three kids at Liberty: Rosalie in 2nd grade, Ben in Kindergarten, and Lucy starting in P3! We live in Stillwater and have been in Minnesota for just three years. And this is our third year at Liberty! I started attending Parent Connect meetings towards the end of our first year here, and quickly realized that it was a great way to be involved at our school. This is where all the action happens! Our meetings this year will be the same as last year: the first Friday of every month at 8:15 am in the library. We will start this year on September 8th. There is coffee and snacks provided (it’s worth it just for that, right moms?!). You don’t have to have a “position” in Parent Connect to come… the more voices the better! Also, if you have a child with you who is not in school yet, bring them! It’s never been a problem in the past.
Below is the list of positions with the open ones in bold. Again, you don’t have to have a position to come to the meetings! But if you feel that one of these fits you, let me know and I can give you more information. And remember, all of these count as volunteer hours and you can do much of it from home!
- Parent Connect Facilitator (Filled: Lauren Brown)
- Room Parent/Uniform Closet (Filled: Lisa Zufall)
- Event Coordinator (Filled: Keli Scharphorn)
- Communications’ Coordinator (Filled: Liz Peterson)
- MS Representative (still needed)
- US/MS Representative (still needed)
- Treasurer/Fundraising (Filled: Bethany Zenner)
- Secretary (Filled: Joey Duren)
- Volunteer Coordinator (Filled: Wendy Abell)
- Volunteer Recruiter (still needed)
- Moms in Prayer (still needed)
- LCA Staff Representative (Filled: Bridget Sorenson)
Also, join us just for coffee on the first day of school, right after drop off in the library. We’ll cry or celebrate together, whichever you need. I’m so looking forward to this year… Liberty’s best ever!