Happy New Year from Liberty Classical Academy!
With each year that passes, the stories of God’s faithfulness to our school pile up. From students whose lives are changed because of our amazing teachers to families who watch the culture of their home change because of the education their children are getting at Liberty Classical, we see and hear story after story that reminds us that this really is a great place that’s doing great things. The new year is a chance to reflect on what’s past and think about what’s next.
For many of us, the start of the new year is a also chance to slow down after the hectic pace of family get-togethers, shopping, junk food, and Christmas break, as some of us have recently understood in new ways the line “and Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.”
So now that we are back in the swing of things, we want to make sure you stay up-to-date on the events and opportunities in the coming weeks.
- Junior Class Thesis Presentations - January 9th-11th: Our Juniors will be presenting their theses and the hard work they’ve put in to their studies. The junior thesis is a huge step forward for our students and one that’s worth observing.
- Parent Connect - Friday, January 11th: If you haven’t yet come to a Parent Connect meeting, make this your first time! It’s a great chance to connect with other parents at Liberty and work together to make our school a more connected, more impacting place. We meet on the first Friday of each month, at 8:15 am in the library.
- 6th Grade Play and Upper School Art Crawl - January 11th: Our 6th graders will be performing Julius Caesar at 7 pm. Just before that, at 6:15, our Upper School students will be displaying their art at the school.
- Kindergarten Open House - January 23rd: If you or someone you know has a child entering Kindergarten next school year, check out our Kindergarten Open House from 9:30-11am on Wednesday, January 23rd.
- Liberty Basketball at the Target Center - January 28th: Come support our athletes as they display their abilities on the big stage of the Target Center. We recommend coordinating with other families and making a night of it!
- Middle School Information Night - February 7th: For parents of lower school parents who are looking toward the start of middle school for their students, this evening will allow you to familiarize yourself with our middle school program.
- Upper School Information Night - January 24th: If you are the parent of a 7th or 8th grader, we invite you to the Upper School Information Night, where you’ll hear about the upper school and why it makes the Liberty Classical experience all the more worthwhile.
Don’t forget to stay plugged in with the school calendar so that you don’t miss the opportunities to connect with the many things happening in our community!